Stay alert and avoid being tricked. Apply logic and analysis to your everyday life. Detect hidden assumptions, spot inconsistencies, and recognize dishonesty.
The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our thinking.
And the quality of our thinking is often determined by the quality questions we ask from ourselves.Critical thinking is the art of asking relevant, necessary, and meaningful questions to discover the objective truth behind words, events, and opinions in general.
Today we have more access to information than ever before. Information influences our world view and decisions often without us noticing it. Following wrong idols can lead us to bad decisions which lead to unhappiness and a dissatisfying life. When what’s “right, beautiful, successful, and cool” gets dictated around us we often forget to think for ourselves and make our own choices. Thus we make bad decisions based on the opinion of others – not even our own.
Who should make your life choices for you? You’ve put your own thoughts, wishes, and opinions off for too long. It’s time for that to change.
Elements of Critical Thinking provides you with unique insights into the nature of thinking and reasoning - why are we often so wrong, why we are so inclined to avoid the responsibility of thinking for ourselves, and how can we develop solid, objective patterns of thought.
This book is a guide for the notoriously “trusting,” “overwhelmed,” and “gullible”. It is a deep psychological dive into what makes us stop thinking for ourselves, and how to systematically combat those compulsions. It’s a book that stands apart from others because of the plethora of real-life examples, studies, and solutions. If you wish to add to your critical thinking toolkit, you’ll find the step-by-step answer in here.
Elements of Critical Thinking lays out:
- The function of critical thinking and its main obstacles.
- The varied elements of critical reasoning.
- Important abilities and traits of critical thinkers.
- The vocabulary of critical analysis,
- The models essential to critical thinking.
The most secure way of making good decisions is to have well-practiced and predictable strategies that you can use when you are faced with a problem that requires deeper analysis.
This book will provide you with helpful exercises and tips to help you can find better solutions to your problems.
- Learn the essential critical thinking skills when reading, writing, and speaking;
- Be on your guard for hidden cognitive traps when shopping and interacting with advertisers.
– Discover the tools and strategies can help you become a more disciplined thinker, developing your analytical, reasoning, and reflective thinking skills.
Be ready to learn. Be ready to argue intellectually.
- Learn to read between the lines and assess the validity of statements.
- Identify and separate logical and illogical reasoning.
- Learn how to construct a fair, well-reasoned argument with the help of formal and informal logic.
As a physicist and computer scientist, I was always looking for logical, well-founded answers to questions. Yet, I needed to stay open to question my knowledge fairly often, revise my beliefs held, and unlearn some.
In this book I share the best of the best critical thinkers – intertwined with my own – to help you develop this essential skill that the contemporary job market so keenly demands. I will help you create thinking patterns that lead to a critical, and more objective understanding of the world.